Bosch Engineering 250 – Pigot picks up second SBN win of the yearApr 24, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Round five of the Skip Barber BF Goodrich National Presented by Mazda at VIRginia International Raceway was an exciting with yet another race-long game of leap frog for the lead. Throughout this round, there were at least five race leaders: Dennis Trebing, Ashley Freiberg, Spencer Pigot, Isaac Lyons and Mukul Sud. Dennis Trebing started on the pole position and quickly gained a three car-length lead, only to be forced off-course in a battle with Mukul Sud in the final lap, ultimately finishing in P8. Sud was penalized with a stop and go, resulting in a P9 finish. Recent regional champ Ashley Freiberg led several laps of the race, at times even going three-wide with competitors for the lead. Race winner Spencer Pigot fought his way up from starting fourth position to take the checker, Ashley Freiberg finishing second and Scott Anderson rounding out the podium.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
April 23, 2010, Round 5 of 14, Virginia International Raceway, 20 turn, 3.27 mile road course
(Starting position in parentheses)
1. (4) Spencer Pigot, Windermre,Fla.
2. (3) Ashley Freiberg, Homer Glen, Ill.
3. (5) Scott Anderson, Fort Collins, Colo.
4. (8) Luis Michael Dцrrbecker, Mexico
5. (11) Brandon Newey, Indianapolis, Ind.
6. (6) Isaac Lyons, Northern Ireland
7. (7) Nick Andries, Pinellas Park, Fla.
8. (1) Dennis Trebing, Cape Coral, Fla.
9. (9) Mukul Sud, India
10. (2) Felix Serralles, Haines City, Fla.
11. (10) Daniel Lloyd, England
12. (12) Brian Cook, Northampton, Mass. S
Qualifying for Round 6 of the 2010 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda hits the track at 9:25am tomorrow morning. Follow the races almost live on twitter.com/SkipBarberNatl and look for the race weekend wrap-up on www.skipbarber.com.