Formula Race Series
When the green flag drops on the 2021 Indy Racing Series season, fifteen drivers will have something very much in common: they are all Skip Barber Race Series alumni.
Since 1976, the Skip Barber Race Series has taken great drivers and made them champions. Rossi. Newgarden. Andretti. Pigot. Hunter-Reay. We’ve trained more IndyCar drivers than any other program, and we’re proud to welcome the next generation of winners to the 2020 Skip Barber Race Series.
4 exhilarating race weekends at the most iconic race tracks – New Jersey Motorsports Park, Circuit of the Americas, and the series championship at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Expert race coaching from Skip Barber Instructors, new Skip Barber Formula Race Cars, true arrive-and-drive format, and the amenities of a professional race weekend. The only thing you need to do is get the checkered flag.
The highly structured and competitive environment of the Skip Barber Race Series is the perfect platform for both the budding racer to hone his skills and the race enthusiast to fulfill her dream. Equalized race cars and a focus on driver development allows a drivers true talent to determine the race outcome!
– Sonoma Raceway // March 5th – 7th
– Circuit of the Americas // April 30 – May 2nd
– NJMP Thunderbolt // May 25th – 27th
– VIRginia International Raceway // June 11th – 13th
– NJMP Lightning // July 16th – 18th
– Road America // August 27th – 29th
– Watkins Glen // September 17th – 19th
– Indianapolis Motor Speedway // October 15th – 17th
THE RACE CAR
– Mygale FIA Homologated Carbon Fiber Chassis
– 160HP Turbo Charged 4-Cylinder Engine
– SADEV Paddle Shifted 6-Speed Transmission
– Goodyear Eagle Racing Tires
– Adjustable Front and Rear Wings
– AIM Smarty-Cam Data/Video Acquisition
RACE WEEKEND FORMAT
– Two Practice Sessions
– Race 1 Qualifying
– Race 1
– Race 2 Qualifying
– Race 2
– Race Entry Fees
– Arrive-and-Drive Race Weekend includes equalized race car, Skip Barber instruction
– All Hospitality Amenities
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
$17,500 per Race Weekend
Multiple Weekend Discounts Available
Drivers must successfully complete a Skip Barber Racing School 2 Day Advanced Formula Racing School. Drivers with a current racing license will be required to submit a racing resume.
The Series champion will be awarded a seat in the 2022 Skip Barber Race Series.
Racers are fully liable for all damage they cause. Damage Liability Reduction can be purchased:
$1,000 per day. Limits maximum liability to $5,000 for the first incident, $7,500 for a second incident, and $10,000 for a third incident.